Friday, March 16, 2018

The Music Struggle

     In the previous blog I talked briefly about what else I needed to do before I begin filming. I needed to find the song that will be playing during the opening and get a tripod or something I can use that will stabilize the camera. Thankfully I have completed those tasks! Well kinda. The stabilization thing I have sorted. I am going to borrow my friends tripod. As for the music, well that's a different story.

Image result for busy earnin     I wanted to have an upbeat song that is quite hyped and makes the audience bump their head or tap their foot to the music. So in a previous post, I talked about Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes being the song I would like but unfortunately I can't use it due to the copyrights.  Then I remember a brilliant game I played a year ago called Tales From the Borderlands which had a great soundtrack. I was hoping to find the right kind of song that I could picture it going with what will be shown on screen, and I did. Busy Earnin'  by Jungle was the perfect song. I went on YouTube music policy to see if the song could be used and not copyrighted but guess what. It was. So I needed to find another one. I looked through the playlist of the game and found another song, Pieces of the People we Love by The Rapture. I checked this one and thankfully I could use it. Although I really like the song and think it will do well with the opening, I personally think the other two songs I wanted were better. So because I just couldn't let it go, I kept searching to find a better one.

Image result for bills grandson
     I tried thinking of other ways I could find good songs and so I thought about one of my favorite YouTube channels called Yes Theory. This channel is a really inspiring channel that focuses on getting people out their comfort zones and say yes to more opportunities. One thing they are great at, is their editing and their song choices. I looked at their playlist they made and found another really great song called Bills by Grandson. I can picture it going quite well with the scene and so this is my number one choice for now. The song is catchy, and has a great beat that will definitely make people bump their heads to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/1wip7JcgGuI