Saturday, March 31, 2018

Edit, Edit, and more Editing

     The editing process resumes. I started this day by finishing up on editing the jump cuts of the different items being placed. All I really needed to do was to just tidy it up a bit and make it flow nicely. During the beat I placed one clip where Gordon runs with the ball towards the film. At first I thought this wouldn't look right as it wasn't like the jump cuts and doesn't go with the beat but it turned out fine. Following this was a short black cut where there is about a second or two of the screen just black. It then starts up again as the music changes in rhythm and thus beginning the montage. I looked through my file and went clip by clip to see which ones are the best and which ones I would use. I started putting some clips on the timeline and would cut them to make them fit and flow well. I also experimented with the speed of some of the clips. For instance, I would change a clips speed from 100% to 110%. This would make Gordon look better and faster with the ball without making it obvious there's a change in speed. I also took advantage of one of the effects I learned about called warp stabilizer. This effect would make a clip a bit more stable and reduce the shakiness to the best of it's ability. I tried it with a few clips and some worked really well and some didn't. I still wanted the effect of a handheld camera so I only applied the warp stabilizer to a few of the clips.

     Once I finished the first stage of the montage, the next part is to introduce the other character. I put a clip of Daan saying goodbye to Diego then walking over to the fence to see Gordon play. This is when I came across my first obstacle. How I originally this scene is to have the music go quieter and hear them talk. The problem I came across though is the audio clip of them talking is too windy. To solve this, I texted Daan and Diego and asked them to do a voice over. The next time I see them together I'm going to record it on my phone. I will also put an outdoor sound of the trees swaying and birds chirping on top as well. When I edited this bit I also made the music gradually go lower and then back to the original volume when it goes back to Gordon playing. The other problem I have about this bit is that there is a bit of weird void missing. I need to record another scene of Daan to make the transitions of the clips flow right. I asked Daan if he too is willing to go back and film and the nice friend he is agreed.  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/1wip7JcgGuI