Thursday, March 22, 2018

Final preparations for filming

It’s the day before filming and there still isn’t much to do but I’ve had a thought. I thought about what else I could do to set up the filming day and realized I didn’t pay much attention to mise-en-scene.

   At first I thought about the protagonist wearing a shirt of a famous soccer team so that it can give the audience more information about the character and what team he likes, but I decided to scratch that. The reason is because I don’t want there to be any biased thoughts. For example, if I make him wear a Real Madrid shirt, Barcelona fans would like him less. My favorite team is a team called Tottenham hotspurs and our biggest rivals is a team called Arsenal. If I watched a movie that shows a character wearing an arsenal shirt then I would look at that character differently. I don’t want people to judge the protagonist on which team he supports. So I texted Gordon (protagonist actor) and asked him to bring a few shirts that doesn’t show a famous team. I don’t mind if it’s his local team he plays for but as long as it is not a well known I’m ok. I also asked him to bring his headphones, bags, and just general things he takes when he actually goes to practice.
 
  I am hoping tomorrow goes well and that we have enough time to film everything. The problem I have is Gordon can’t film until later the day so we are going to try and film it all before we run out of day light. The one advantage of filming around this time is the benefit of having the golden hour available. My plan is to have the montage and beggining to be in full light day when near the end as the protagonist is begginning to leave, it would be around golden hour. This shows the audience he has been practicing for a few hours in the two minutes of screen time. It will let the audience know time has past. I’m just hoping we film it all but if we don’t it won’t be the end of the world. We will just have to come another day whenever we both are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/1wip7JcgGuI