Friday, March 23, 2018

Filming day


     It is here. The most important day so far of the project in here. I woke up, got ready, waited until 4pm and then drove to the fields. I arrived first with Gordon and Daan arriving shortly after. Daan brought our other friend, Diego so that he could help a bit. Because I was a bit worried with time, I decided not to start chronologically and start with the jump cut shots of the different objects placing down on the floor. I filmed each shot separately and got Gordon to place each object where I was facing my camera. I learned a cool little trick to make the shots look better. The trick was to zoom fast a bit as the objects are being placed. This will create the feeling of the motion. I looked at the clips I recorded and I’m really pleased with them.

     I then filmed Gordon playing around with the ball. There is a low angle shot of him running with the ball close to his feet. Another of him running close to the camera leading him to shoot at the goal. After a few movements I asked Gordon to do, I then asked him to just do him and mess around with the ball. He ran and did tricks around the field. During this I filmed it all in one take so that when it comes to post processing, I will cut and take out certain parts of that shot to put in the montage. I then wanted a shot of him standing and just looking out. I started by placing the camera on the floor towards his boots and then spiraling around his body and ending up on his face with the sun behind him creating a sun glare off his face.
   
     After filming him mess around with the ball and kicking it in the goal, I then filmed a few close up shots of the ball going in the net. I got Gordon to throw the ball in the corners or the goal whilst I filmed it. At this point, time was running out and the sun was beggining to go go down.
 
    It was finally Daan’s turn to act. I started by getting him and Diego on the side walk with me behind them. They talked for a few seconds as they walked until Diego says goodbye to Daan and gets in his car. This is when Daan spots Gordon training and walks towards the fence to look at him play. I then filmed a shot of Daan approaching the fence and looking out at Gordon. After, I went behind Daan and filmed an over the shoulder shot of him watching. This shot first focuses on his shoulder and fence then on Gordon through the fence. This shot came out really good and I’m really happy with it.

Something to mention about most of the shots I recorded, i wanted to do a lot of them with the hand held technique. I did this to show the feeling of actually being there. Not all of it is hand held but mostly the montage when I was on the field with the protagonist running with the ball is handheld.

     Unfortunately light started to dim down at this point. I still needed to record the very beginning of the opening and the end. I decided to not film the beginning and instead film it another day. For the end, I was able to film that. It was around 7:30pm when the golden hour really stood out. This is when I filmed the ending to the opening. I had Gordon walk towards his equipment as he rested his headphones on his shoulders. When I edit this part, I will lower the music. He then proceeded to change his shirt and gather up his things. I shot a medium shot of him walking towards the car until he stops. This is when the protagonist see's Daan resting on his car. I wanted to create the same shot in different angles. For example I recorded an over the shoulder shot of Gordon looking at Daan, then an over shoulder shot of Daan looking at Gordon. This then will follow the same concept but with be an extreme close up on both their faces.

     So for the most part the filming is pretty much done. I just need to schedule another day to record the beginning. To be honest I think filming another day might be useful as I can then really spend more time on parts I might have missed or envisioned after this filming day. I might film more of Gordon playing just in case there isn't enough footage and maybe I can get some better results. The second day of filming shouldn't take too long and i'm sure I will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/1wip7JcgGuI