Sunday, April 1, 2018

Planning Again

     I'm really starting to get the hang of things on editing. I have almost finished editing all of the parts I have filmed and apart from the problems I faced with Daan's scene, it is looking good. Carrying on with the editing, I have just been putting in the clips, cutting them, and messing around with them to make the video flow. I still haven't started the color grading but at the moment, that is the least of my worries. I will most likely eventually do them when I finish the entire project. If anything, I will put presets on the clips to make them look more cinematic.

     The next post will most likely be the second day of filming so I want to plan it a bit more than the last time so we can do it right. I have changed a bit of the plan as I think it is the best decision. I have decided to scrap all we recorded for Daan's scene and re-film it a bit differently. This is for a couple of reasons. the first reason is because I have a better idea on how I want it to go and the second is because of the daylight. Originally I was just going to go to the next film day to record one small shot of Daan to make the transition more smoothly but I realized the time we are going is not going to be the same time we recorded his scenes. The lighting will look different. This isn't a problem though because Daan is okay with it and I think the first time I went a bit quickly and didn't take my time with it so it didn't come out how I envisioned. Re-doing it will give me a better idea on how to do it and learn from my mistakes from the first time so that this second time will be better.

   So after school Wednesday, we will quickly grab something to eat, get Gordon's clothes he used during the first shoot then go to the fields. Daan will go back to his to get his clothes he wore and we'll meet up there. I'm going to start with Daan's scenes first then film the beginning of the opening. Then lastly I might just film a few more shots of Gordon playing just in case I get some better angles I can use.

   I have also decided to change the way the beginning will be. Originally I was going to do a shot of Gordon driving to the fields but I have decided to scrap that due to time management on the video. It will begin with Gordon getting out the car, gathering his things from the trunk, then walking towards the fields as he puts on his headphones to begin the music which will then lead to what we filmed last time and what I have already edited. I do have some really great ideas on camera shots and angles for the beginning but that would have to wait for the next blog to explain it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

https://youtu.be/1wip7JcgGuI